Tuesday 25 September 2012

Squash!

Fall is here now for sure, the children are back at school, the leaves are starting to turn and the heating has been activated for the winter (although it was 19 degrees this afternoon so it hasn't actually run all day).  I have begun to put on a scarf to walk to the bus stop in the morning and then forget to take it off until supper time - a sure sign of impending winter.

Halloween is gearing up good and proper too.  The shops are full of tacky dressing up outfits (for children and adults), face paints, trick or treating accessories and  tableware sporting ghouls and pumpkins.  People around this area are very into decorating their driveways and stoops so where ever you look there are spiders, jack-o-lanterns, scarecrows and fall chrysanthemums.  I haven't really been thinking too much about participating, I have pansies on my front porch, but today I was unable to drive past this brilliant roadside stall on the way to Exeter.

that's my truck!
I spent ages choosing, there were so many sizes, shapes and colours, and in the end I spent a mighty $12/£8 (sorry Tom) on these beauties...

Tomorrow I will spend hours arranging them outside the front door and in no time at all they will be nibbled by chipmunks or carried off by cheeky raccoons, but who cares I will enjoy myself immensely.

Finally, here are the children modelling them...

1 comment: