Sunday 16 September 2012

Elora Parking Lot

Today we drove home with lots of stops for running about, bathroom breaks, food and just in a vain attempt to keep everyone from getting too bored with a 4 hour journey.

One of our stops was at Elora for a look at the gorge and the touristy shops.  It is lovely, a bit like a compact version of Ambleside or Kirkby Lonsdale but with even more posh gift shops and boutiques.  I would like to go there again someday with no children, and possibly no husband, in order to have a really good look around.  Actually I would have to take a husband in order to make him buy me expensive things that I might feel hesitant about buying for myself.

While we were there we took the kids to the playground where a party of menonites were having a picnic.  I find the contrast between their way of life and main stream North American culture quite amazing.  I think the on-road parking illustrates it quite well and as its not a sight you would be likely to see much in the UK I got Tom to take a couple of snaps on his phone (left my camera in the bottom of a suitcase - durr) and here they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment