Tuesday 4 September 2012

First Day of School

It is over and I have survived Rose's first day of school.  She looked so tiny peeping out of the window of the big yellow bus that I had to go home straight away and not talk to any other parents at the bus stop in case I burst into floods of embarrassing tears.  She bounced off the bus this afternoon and announced that it was "the best day ever" by tea time it was only ok and she was sad because Lillian wasn't there.  Hope it doesn't deteriorate further before Thursday.

As a result of the anxiety of first day of school we now have tidy craft boxes, spotless hard floors, clean bathrooms and even a couple of cleaned out kitchen cupboards.  Didn't manage the oven but Tom had pizza for lunch.

Jacob is now in a mixed class with grade 3 and some grade 4 from the year above him.  He is happy because he has a new planner and not happy because this year there will be homework.  He informed me with a wobbling lip that homework is worse than going to the grocery store.  Blimey, it must be bad.  I wondered if anyone had noticed his hair, he said 1 person had asked if he had had it cut, I hope they didn't ask for the name of his stylist.  The good news on that front is that a letter came home to say that it's school photos in 2 weeks.  What on earth am I going to do with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment