Tuesday 11 September 2012

Free Time

I am heartily glad that there are no school uniform rules for the kids under 14 in Canada.  I feel that Rose would be creatively crushed by wearing navy blue from head to toe, in fact I'm not sure that I could induce her to do it at all.  At the moment she is experimenting with music festival fashion I think.

just needs wellies and a pint of cider

Today was my first child and worry free day, it was very strange.  This morning I went for a very long walk along the beach, the weather was beautiful and I met only 4 other people in an hour and a half.  It really was lovely but now I have sore feet.

I also went shopping.  I had forgotten what a nice experience a bit of shopping can be without children.  It was odd being able to look at things without answering questions and also to read the labels before throwing unfamiliar items into the trolley whilst fielding questions about electricity, internal combustion, ballet etc then wondering what on earth they were when I unpacked them at home.  I did not have to say 'don't touch that', 'put that down', 'no we're not buying that today' or 'you will have to sit in the car if you do that again' once.  How novel!


No comments:

Post a Comment