Wednesday 12 September 2012

Contemplating 40

So Tomorrow I reach the big four zero.  I'm not sure if 'life begins at' applies when you leave starting a family until late, 2 free days a week is a good start but life may really begin at 50.

I decided to see who else is turning 40 this year and found that I am roughly the same age as Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz and Geri Halliwell - I think I shape up well against them (!?**?).  Actually for any Canadian Trailer Park Boys fans out there I am 2 weeks and 3 days younger than Mike Smith who plays Bubbles, that makes me feel a whole lot better.

I also tried to find out what important events were shaping the world on my birthday.  After extensive research I found these 2 earth shattering facts: on September 13 1972 CBS aired the first episode of The Waltons (does this explain a secret penchant for dungerees?) and I am proud so say that 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now' by Slade was at number 1 in the UK singles chart.  That's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday man! Seriously the same age as the Waltons! That's brilliant! And I think I've always been crazee now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah! 40, I've decided to call it my double 20th! Have a great birthday, I'll meet you at the "double 20th" line in 6 weeks!xxx

    ReplyDelete