Sunday 23 September 2012

Arts and Crafts

Today we took Jacob over to Grandpa's place so he could test the art kit that he got for his birthday.  Here is the finished product...

Animal TV

Obviously it is foolish to allow Rose to think that she is missing out on anything so I also took an old paint set and some supplies and here is what she produced...

I helped with the pink flowers, the rest is Rose's

Actually she produced 8 paintings In about 2 minutes and I've just put my favourite in.  She is very prolific.

Crafts is a big thing over here, there are supplies for it everywhere and magazines galore about just about everything.  I am currently fascinated by scrap booking.  Previously my idea of scrap booking was to occasionally cut aspirational pictures out of magazines and glue them in a notebook then lose it.  Here it is more of a very elaborate photo journalling system, the variety of patterned papers, stickers, lettering systems and other accessories you can get for it is quite amazing.  You should google it and see for yourself.

At some point I am going to have a go but will need to do a bit more research to do a half decent job.  In the meantime and in order not to be missing out I started messing about with fabric flowers, I think I shall be making my own cards from now on (still can't find any good ones here) so no doubt you shall be seeing these or some very similar in your home very soon.


I wonder when Tom will get the bug and start producing crocheted egg cosies, hand made lace doilies, pine cone animal ornaments or similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment