Saturday 15 September 2012

Mushy Peas II

I write this in a darkened hotel room in Barrie.  It is 8.35pm and as the hotel was unable to organise adjoining rooms for us with 1 weeks notice Tom and I are confined to separate rooms with a child each and excessive use of light is restricted to before bedtime.  What a way to spend your birthday weekend.  I've not even had chance to eat the birthday cake leftovers that I brought, let alone drink the bottle of wine.

On the way up here last night we stopped for tea in Orangeville for mushy peas.  They were good, but alas I think they might have been too good, they were just not slushy enough and tasted too much like peas.  I think they may have been made with a fresh marrowfat pea substitute.  Still it beat coleslaw on a slighty chilly evening.

Today we have been all over the city.  We have looked at neighbourhoods, been to a giant mall, checked out a vast playground down by the beach eaten out twice and have even been to an open house and met a realtor who may have been ousted from the mob.  Barrie is cold and has more retail than I think I've ever seen in my life.  The houses are big and cheap and there are hills and even more trees than shops.  I think I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment