Thursday 29 November 2012

Driving in the Dark

Tom has been away for the past couple of days so I have been ferrying the children around in the dark in the Rav.  Yesterday they both started swimming lessons at the motel down the road and today we had a parent teacher interview with Rose's Teacher in school.

I haven't really had to drive in the dark since we arrived in Canada and it wasn't without its problems.  After swimming last night we sat for ages in the motel car park while I tried to work out why the dash didn't light up when I switched the engine on and attempted to find the right button to press.  I am ashamed to admit that it took me about 10 minutes to work out that it would light up automatically when I switched the headlights on.  Durr.  I have got so used to swanky new cars I had totally forgotten that I needed to switch headlights on at all.

Tonight when we reached school in the dark I couldn't find the door handle to get out and had to ask Jacob to get out and release me from the front seat.  How sad and embarrassing, I think perhaps I should get a small trolley to put on the back of my bike or carry the children around in a back pack and not bother with engines at all, I am clearly not suited to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment