Friday 23 November 2012

Pointsetta Mania

To suitably mark Black Friday and another PA day the children and I went to a local garden centre for a pointsetta festival.  I don't know what I expected but I was quite astonished by the vast acres of them on display and the variety that was available, I wish I'd had a camera.  Actually it was quite an outing with something for everyone, 9 varieties of pointsettas for me to choose from, a small indoor play area for the children and free cookies and hot chocolate for all of us.  I chose 2 plants, a fairly traditional 1 called Merlot and a really pretty bi-colored variety called shimmer shine.  Look and admire now because my current house plant keeping record is not good.

On the way home we popped into 'It's Thyme', by far the best gift shop in Grand Bend, to choose a posh bauble each for the Xmas tree.  Rose found a pink sparkly hand bag shaped one in 3 seconds (no surprise there) and Jacob spent half an hour picking out a highly breakable and expensive glass acorn.


Shopping today was a bit like trick or treating.  At the post office this morning (my parcel was 999.7g on the post office scale! Phew, no repackaging and breaking down) the children were given lollipops, there were cookies at the garden centre and cookies and reindeer poop at 'It's Thyme'.  If all shops are like this on Black Friday perhaps they should call it Fat Friday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment