Friday 16 November 2012

No Good at Shopping

What a busy couple of days, Tom and I have been out on our own!  Yesterday we drove down to St Thomas to look at some energy star rated houses, they were lovely but the centre of St Thomas reminded me of Barrow in Furness so that's not going to be our next destination.  Today we drove into London to look at a few neighbourhoods and do some shopping.  There seem to be a few nice places to live around London, my favourite is called Byron, if I live there I shall start writing poetry or take up boxing and possibly wear my hair in an affected and foppish style.

Shopping was not particularly successful, I do it so little these days that I am completely out of practice and rubbish.  If I go into a department store like 'The Bay' (what is left of the mighty Hudson Bay Company and a bit like John Lewis) it can take me over half an hour just to get to the right department as every few steps there is something that needs closer examination like red gloves or patterned legwarmers or shiney hand bags and at the moment there is also masses of twinkly, sparkly Xmas paraphernalia.  This would be ok on my own but with a man in tow it just doesn't feel like acceptable behaviour and I end up concentrating so hard on not getting side tracked that I forget where I'm going.  As a result I went in today for snow boots and a winter coat and came home with Xmas cards and pajamas, oh well, just have to try again I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment