Monday 26 November 2012

Christmas Pudding

Now it's 'Cyber Monday' invented to encourage people to shop online, it's marketing gone crazy, at least electronic shopping is unlikely to result in fisticuffs in Macy's.

Yesterday I diligently made my Christmas pudding.  I mixed it 3 times East to West (so did J and R) covered it in a double layer of pleated grease proof paper then foil then left it in my Crock Pot on low overnight for 13 hours as per online instructions.  I have no idea if it is cooked or not.  What I can see of it looks like Christmas pudding and it smells just like Mum's.  In fact I unwrapped it today (in order to wrap it all over again) inhaled a big sniff of it and it was magically transported back to many Christmas Days, I hadn't previously thought what an individually Christmassy smell a pudding has but for an instant I had definitely defied the arrow of time.  (So there Professor Brian Cox)

No comments:

Post a Comment