Monday 5 November 2012

Bonfire Night

It is very weird being in a place where nobody has heard of bonfire night, it is even weirder trying to explain it.  What a very barbaric holiday, but how much better it is to have fireworks on 5 November when it's dark by 6pm than 1 July (Canada Day) when you have to keep the children up until 10pm to watch them, Tom and I were in bed before then this year!

We have not done much to celebrate, I planned the 'traditional' tea of sausages in buns and cheesy baked spuds with baked beans and I was considering baking Parkin but I suspect that nobody but me would eat it and as I am still trying to give the healthy lifestyle a go I decided against.  Toffee apples didn't seem like a good idea with so much Halloween candy in the house and I can't buy treacle to make treacle toffee.  Oh well, maybe I'll plan a little ahead instead of worrying about dressing up costumes next year.

I think its against the local by laws to have a bonfire in the back yard and the idea of Rose and sparklers is too scary to contemplate so Its a good job we went to the fireworks display in Arnside last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment