Tuesday 7 August 2012

Stories with Attitude

Today we went to Timberwood Trail to see Grandpa and Aunty Sandy.  The kids got temporary tattoos imported from Seattle.


While we were there I found Jacob's missing story book from school.  Here is his report of the school trip this summer, you have to imagine it being read with many many long suffering sighs and eye rolls:

On June 25 we went on a class trip to the Pinery then Rock Glen.  First we went on the bus to school.  My Mum thought it was pointless going to school first because I live 1 minute away from it [the Pinery].  Then we waited for our team leader.  Then we got in our groups and got on the bus.  I saw my house through the trees.  We got to the Pinery.  We all went on the Cedar trail.  It was 2km long.  I saw a very interesting snail and an h-shaped log.  I climbed on it.  When we had gone around the trail we went on the bus to the picnic area.  We ate our lunch.  Then we went on the bus again to Rock Glen.  We went into the museum with a tour guide.  She told us about insects.  Then we went on an insect hunt.  We found 7 beetles, 5 flys, 25 ants (mostly from an ant colony) 8 moths, 4 caterpillars, 1 mellepede, 11 spiders and lots more bugs.  Then we went bug collecting with nets and found lots of bugs.  It was fun.  Then we went back to school on the bus.  Then we went home on the bus.  I was completely fed up of the bus.  It was still fun.

It seems the children are developing or refining attitude.  Rose stomped down the stairs this morning after a muffled conference with Tom and announced "I have come downstairs because I am fed up of listening to the silly things Daddy is saying that I don't like."  She's 3, what will she say at 16 when one of us suggests she tidies her room or wears different clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment