Thursday 23 August 2012

Lost the Plot

Today we went on a little excursion back to Exeter.  Jacob has been pining for the Morrison Dam conservation area ever since we left camp last Friday so we went for a picnic in the hope that he would realize that it isn't half so much fun without his friends and he would stop nagging me about it.

We accidentally went on a walk that was about 4 km long and quite pretty.


Jacob spent the first 15 minutes saying "How far have we gone? I can't believe it's so far I feel like I've only walked 2 steps, I could walk for miles and miles". Then he suddenly switched to "How much further is it, my legs really hurt I can't believe we've only been walking 20 minutes, my batteries are at 15% already, when will we get back".

I have been led to believe that there is nolonger any dangerous wildlife in this area of Southern Ontario.  I was therefore quite alarmed to find this on the path


I'm sure it was very old but I made an effort to chivy up draggling, tired children after finding it.

Rose spent most of the time bemoaning the fact that she had left her pretend dog 'Plot' in the car.  Plot appeared last week not long after a conversation about having 'lost the plot', last time he was in the woods and she couldn't find him, this time he was supposed to be in the car.  When we got back to the parking lot, surprise surprise, he was not there.  Fortunately the lure of a trip to the shoe shop was enough to banish a mere imaginary dog and we managed to leave without too much imaginary-dog-loss induced misery

No comments:

Post a Comment