Saturday 25 August 2012

Not Fall Yet

Well so much for autumn/fall (whatever) approaching, right now it is 29 degrees at 6.15pm and I've had to put on the air con so the children stand a chance of sleeping on the super-heated top floor.  Heaven knows what temperature it was earlier this afternoon.

Today we all went to the beach for some Parker family fun.  Gary and Tom came so I was able to have a brief swim then lie on a towel and soak up the sun without having to squint out at the children and make sure they were still safe while trying to pretend they aren't mine.  A tricky skill that I ought to be able to put on my CV.  Rose came out with a wonderful understatement when she rushed into Lake Huron, the world's fourth largest lake with a water surface area of 23,000 square miles, and pronounced "I've found a wet patch!"

Unfortunately my camera has run out of batteries so I have had to include a photo of the children from scooter sessions on Wednesday...

no, Rose isn't wearing trousers under that

Fortunately for the privacy of the Huron Woods bug population this means that I was unable to take voyeuristic photos of the 4 pairs of mating stick insects that had congregated around the outside of the master bedroom window this morning.  Still I'd rather have those than the terrible giant orange slugs we had in Arnside.


No comments:

Post a Comment