Thursday 30 August 2012

How time passes

So it is 8 years since the little scrub that was Jacob arrived on the planet.  I really can't say whether the time has gone fast or slow, it has just gone.  I used to be surprised when another birthday came signalling that yet another year had been accomplished but now it seems like the children growing up and getting older is just a normal part of things.  When they stop being children it will be the real shocker.

Just recently we have spent quite a lot of time with couples of our age who have no children.  Previously I have been through periods of being pretty envious of a lifestyle of spending all your money on yourself and having nice things and going to cool places and doing all the things that you want to do (like stay in bed after 6.30am) but now I've settled into it I think the role of Mum is ultimately very fulfilling and the right role for me, so I no longer even get a pang.  Family is worth so very much.

Well, enough of that smush.  Today was pretty quiet for a birthday.  Jacob got lots of good presents and seems very pleased with all of them, I shall not write them down here as he will probably want to do it himself in the next couple of days.  I feel justified in putting in a picture of his cake though.  Jacob superintended decorating it in a kind of folk style that I think is pretty neat and I have to confess to having been pretty pleased with my final outline template.  What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Jacob - great cake and post Tig though I'm still very happy with my goldfish.... even after one went to the great goldfish bowl in the sky on Monday x

    ReplyDelete