Monday 20 August 2012

Holiday Fireplace

Another quiet day today, just mini golf and ice cream...

can you get in close enough to see how filthy Jacob's face is?

I think the autumnal feel to the weather is making me gear down ready for the school term to start.  Its good weather for a fire in the evening so in the absence of any notable incidents or activities I shall tell you about a bonkers channel on our cable package.  This may go someway to illustrating how dire TV is out here.


Channel 150 is called Holiday Fireplace.  It is a looped recording of a log fire burning complete with crackling sound track.



I must confess that I became slightly obsessed with knowing how it works so I watched it all the way through.  Now I know that the visuals are on a half hour loop but the crackling sound track is on a rather obvious (and very annoying once you notice) 20 second one, and sometimes when it was not burning fast enough the flames have been sped up to a rather alarming and not very relaxing pace.  It must be very popular as it is on all day everyday despite the info clearly stating that it will only be available until 2010.

Tom says it is so that people who own country cottages without log burning stoves can put it on the TV in the evening and pretend.  It seems a little bizarre to me but whenever I mention it to a local they just sort of nod and say "yeah" as if it's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment