Wednesday 23 October 2013

WIP Wednesday, ON WEDNESDAY

Will wonders never cease?  I'm even blogging work that was done before today, I'm afraid it's still the same old quilt as I'm very slow.

Since last Wednesday/Friday I've finished all the quilting, made a label, machined on the binding and begun the rather laborious task of hand sewing the binding onto the back.  I've completed about 10% of this final job and estimate that it will take roughly another 12 hours to finish, that's a proper estimate, not another feeble attempt at humour.  Here are the kids modelling it.
This is my rather amateurish label.
And this is the finished binding from the front.
I promise to do something else over the weekend, this is getting boring even for me.

This morning we woke up to our first snowy type precipitation.  I'm not sure what it is to be honest, part hail and part manky, wet slushy stuff I think.  It was so dull outside that the camera flash kept going off and this is the best photo I could manage.

1 comment:

  1. Blimey you're going great guns! Downside to quilting is that it takes so long!!

    ReplyDelete