Friday 18 October 2013

Time lapse in Progress Friday?

Oh Dear, at least I'm not a week behind yet.

Here are this weeks photos of the river, taken on Wednesday.  I have many, many excuses for my tardiness but won't bore you with them.

And so to work in progress.  The wheelchair quilt from my new quilt club has stalled as I've run out of bobbin thread so I've started quilting the thrift quilt that I finished the back of last week.  I have plenty of thread for this one as I invested in a large cone and crazy contraption to join it to my machine.
I've taken the plunge and committed to free motion quilting the entire thing with the meandering, stippled pattern I used on Jacob's Wacom case.  There are some not very artful spikey bits if you look up close but on the whole the overall effect is not bad.  Here's a sample of the front.
and the back.
I might have it fully quilted next week then I've just got to sew on a mile of binding to have it completely finished.

And finally, here's Rose in a home made hairclip theoretically looking cute.  Over the next couple of days I shall endeavour to take a photo of Jacob doing something other than moaning or using some sort of digital technology.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all of it! But especially liking the autumn colours (or should that be colors now you're in North America?) - can't wait for next week :)

    ReplyDelete