Thursday 31 October 2013

Not Halloween, Halloween

This year, in their infinite wisdom, the school decreed that we must respect all religions so the kids could not have the usual Halloween parade in their costumes today.  I don't have a problem with respecting all religions, or with not carting costumes in on the bus but I'm not sure that any of the kids know that it has anything to do with Christianity anyway.  Actually, I looked it up and it seems that it is probably a borrowed pagan/Celtic, living dead/harvest festival called Samhain.

I digress, so the school had a black and orange day instead and I've had to dig up (buy) black and orange for the kids to wear for school as well as preparing trick or Treat costumes.  Thus they managed to double the work for us parents and have managed to ignore all religions instead of respecting them.

So here are the kids in their first outfits of today.  Jacob is very cross because I bought him the orange striped top but wouldn't let him wear a pair of black track pants that are too short and flap about round his ankles.

Not sure about the stompeez

No comments:

Post a Comment