Friday 25 October 2013

Surprise Parcel

Today the kids got a surprise parcel all the way from Mississauga.  Thank you very much it has been well received, especially the bracelet making equipment which didn't stay in the box very long.

You may notice the Halloween spoiler in this photo
On Wednesday I made my Christmas cake, hopefully this is organised enough for it to be well and truly fed (with my cheap cooking whiskey) in time to ice and eat it.  I wasn't going to blog it but it looked so cute wrapped up in parchment waiting for a drink that I couldn't resist.
Last year I made cake, pudding and mince pies for Christmas and nobody but me ate them so to avoid weight gain and waste I am resolved to leave it at cake this time.  My strategy for getting rid of it is as follows:

  • Have a cake tasting party for Canadian neighbours uninitiated in the way of the English Christmas Fruit Cake (and mulled wine and hope to get invited to an eggnog party in return)
  • Present it as nibbles at the January quilt club meeting
  • Palm some off on my English born hairdresser
  • Give the rest to Gary
  • Failing all that get married again and use it as wedding cake, but then again maybe not, better the devil you know eh

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to see the finished masterpieces! And don't forget that cake can be mailed as well...

    ReplyDelete