Thursday 3 October 2013

First Quilt Club

On Monday I went to my first quilt club meeting, I think this is probably equivalent to joining the WI and I am a little young but I had a good time and got some top tips.  Monday was a 'Quilting with Care' day where one of the organisers puts together quilt kits for charity and the rest of us sew them up, this time was wheel chair quilts for 3 local old people's homes.

I tell you I'm sold on working from a kit, I didn't even have to do any cutting, just sewing lots of straight seams.  Look what I made in a morning.
I started quilting it yesterday as I foolishly promised to have it back quilted and bound by the last Monday in October, mmm.  I've gone for straight line quilting but tried to add interest by doing it on the diagonal.
I was going to take a pic of the kids with it but I forgot.  Wednesday night is swimming (Rose 6-6.30 and Jacob from 7-7.45) which is a complete write off as I've got to cook 2 dinners, ferry everyone about and do lots of nagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment