Saturday 22 December 2012

Three Days to Go

Day 1 of the Christmas Holidays and we actually have a tiny sprinkle of snow!  Last night a big storm blew through that sounded like hurricane Sandy through the woods, it has left behind a fine dusting of snow in the grass and on the lea side of the roof tops.  It's pretty but I didn't rush out and buy a sledge, on reflection perhaps I should have because if we get snowed in without one I will have very cross sledge-less children.

More 'exciting' Christmas prep today, the making of hard sauce for the Christmas Pudding and a disaster with the cake.  I discovered that the marzipan I bought (very early and quite smugly) a few weeks ago went out of date on 12 FE 24 which I think was last February and not in 11 years time.  That's another thing to add to the huge shopping list tomorrow along with Turkey, hope they've got some of that left or Gary will have no leftover nut roast to take home.

Finally, here are the children posing in front of the disco decorations, Jacob looks like a 1980s rocker because he is modelling a festive headband/hat he made at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment