Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

So the big day is almost upon us, my jobs are all done and my list fully ticked, the only things that I've missed out, are making my own sage and onion stuffing, so Paxo will just have to do and cleaning the house but who cares, if Santa wants to use the bathroom while he's here he'll just have to cope with a little gunge.

I was watching the weather channel yesterday (yes, I do lead an exciting life) when I chanced to hear that the official definition of a white Christmas in Canada is 2cm of snow cover by 7am.  So this doesn't count apparently.

As a comparison I looked at the British definition and if you are placing a bet a white Christmas is a single flake of snow falling from the sky during the 24 hour period of Christmas Day, I guess expectations are a little different.

Anyway, before I go and collapse here is a picture of the children with their present for Grandpa, he didn't put up a tree this year so we made him a substitute.


Won't be blogging tomorrow as although today's jobs are done I will no doubt be up to my eyeballs in turkey and trimmings and hopefully some sort of numbing beverage so here's wishing anyone who reads this a Very Merry Christmas and for now a Jolly Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment