Tuesday 18 December 2012

More Baking

I am now well and truly into the Christmas prep stage and have managed to tick cranberry sauce, teacher's chocolates and 2/3 of a pan of millionaire's shortbread off my list.

You may question whether millionaire's shortbread is a particularly Christmassy thing to make but I haven't seen it over here yet, there are a zillion different versions of Nanaimo bars that are a similar concept triple layer bar but nothing quite like the millionaires stuff.  The other reason for making it is to use this crazy implement I found in the kitchen.


I am tempted to fasten bells and ribbons on it and do some morris dancing but I think that it is actually a 'pastry blender' for rubbing or cutting fat into flour.  I gave it a go and it did a pretty good job, not so good as a brilliant pastry making person but better than me and I didn't have gunk stuck under all my nails when I'd finished which was a plus.

In a quiet moment Rose rearranged the kitchen tree and it is really quite spectacularly lopsided now.  Jacob was very cross and didn't see the funny side of it all all, not cross enough to sort it out for me though, if I have to find time to do it myself it will have to stay like that until Twelfth Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment