Thursday 27 December 2012

Proper Snow and Rescue Dogs

Last night we had our first proper snow fall, about 6 inches of it.  The children and I went to check it out this morning, it was great for making snow angels,


And shovelling


But too powdery for snowmen.  Unfortunately due to general fecklessness we have no sledge, this seemed a great pity so I thought back to my youth (many years ago when we made jack-o-lanterns out of turnips and ate gruel on Christmas Day) and recalled that in the absence of a proper sledge we would use empty plastic feed sacks.  I came up with this alternative fashioned from a recycling bag, an old cushion and some duct tape.  It worked pretty well, I enjoyed myself anyway.


I had quite a day of improvisation.  This is the dog I rustled up for Rose to make up for the lack of toy dogs for Christmas.  It's made from a pair of Tom's socks (I asked first) to a Martha Stewart pattern and seems to have mollified Rose for the time being.  I will have to work on a duck for Jacob now or this may be construed as an act of favouritism and used against me in future.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment