Sunday 16 December 2012

Enter the Christmas Tree

Last night Tom and I put up the Christmas Tree, it looks very small in this large house but if we got a bigger one there wouldn't be enough decorations.  As the tree was up and ready with the decorations within reach the children got festive at 7.15am, pre-coffee Christmassiness is a little early for me but sacrifices must be made.

For once the grubby rabbit was behaving
Yesterday as part of my experimental, thrifty decorating plan Rose and I (and Jacob for about 5 minutes) spent ages making groovy paper garlands.  I'll try to induce Rose to pose with them tomorrow, they make the living room look like a psychedelic 70s hairdresser's.

This evening I put the mincemeat ingredients in a big bowl to marinate before making that up tomorrow.  Mince pies are not normal over here, the only person I've come across who has both heard of them and likes to eat them is my hair stylist who is originally from Birmingham, she has to import her mincemeat from the USA.  This is good news as when I make a batch of 200 I will have someone apart from Gary to fob them off on and spare some room in my tiny freezer.

Finally, Rose got hold of my glasses this afternoon and here she is.

Think I might borrow the hat

No comments:

Post a Comment