Thursday 20 December 2012

Dogs and Horses

This afternoon I made a flying visit to The Tender Spot which is one of only 2 stores open on the main beach strip in Grand Bend during the winter.  It is a shop that sells an astounding assortment of things from tourist knickknacks to knitting yarn, in the past I have bought balloons, napkins, baby tights (for Halloween spider leg construction) a porcelain soap dish, gloves, a fleece blanket, a pack of little felt circles to stick under chair feet.  The list could go on indefinitely but you get my drift, anyway, back to the point.  I was weaving my way through the store via the toy aisle when who should I spy in a very faded pink box on the bottom shelf but Rainbow Dash, plastic as you like and with only minimal accessories.

This left me with a bit of a conundrum, should I buy it and give Rose 2 Rainbow dashes for Christmas or just risk it with the fuzzy one?  In the end I left it in the shop, it looked so old that I can probably leave it there for a couple of days while I decide.  The problem with Rose is that she is just so fickle, while we were out together this morning 2 people asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she told both of them quite confidently that she is getting a toy dog?  There were no toy dogs on any lists I saw, I hope a T shirt with a dog on the front will do because that's as close as she's going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment