Sunday 9 December 2012

Poutine

This week Jacob has mostly been filing, you'll have to ask him about that.


I think I have the tiredest children in the world, check out the bags under Jacob's eyes.  Here is Rose modeling the treat bags I have been making to hang on the Christmas tree, she doesn't look a lot better.


Today we tried to go for a walk in the Parkhill conservation area but it was all a bit weird.  We drove a long way down an increasingly pot-holed road with lots of signs saying hikers welcome but no walking trails so we gave up and went for lunch.

I tried a Canadian classic called 'poutine'.  Now I thought poutine was a dodgy Irish whiskey made from fermented potatoes (nice) but apparently that is poteen and the 2 should not be confused.  Poutine is a Canadian delicacy consisting of fries, curd cheese and gravy I'm surprised you can't get it in Yorkshire.  The verdict: actually it was pretty good in a carb heavy, sits in the stomach for 3 weeks kind of a way and would probably seem like a good idea after 5 pints of bitter (something it may have in common with poteen), it doesn't make up for the lack of mushy peas though.

No comments:

Post a Comment