Wednesday 24 October 2012

Why do I Bother

This is about me so anyone reading because Jacob has given them 1 of his business cards might find it a little dull.

Ever since Rose's birthday I have been really good.  I always find myself gaining a few extra pounds in September and October, I put it down to 3 birthdays in quick succession with associated cake eating, salads being much harder to stomach when it's cold and my body not understanding that I live in a centrally heated house and can put on a sweater so I don't need a nice layer of blubber for the winter.

So for the past 2 weeks I have been eating really well, avoiding sweets and not being a greedy guts and lapsing into excessive crisp/chip eating in the evening in front of the TV.  I have even been exercising 5 times a week.  And guess what? I've gained 2 and a half pounds.  How unfair is that?  Is it possible that no matter what I do my physiology is too closely related to that of a seal, or perhaps a bear and I need the extra fat to sustain me through hibernation (I wish! - the closest I get to hibernation is a lie-in until 7.00am when the children 'sleep in').  Tom says I must be gaining muscle but I doubt that very much, I think it takes more than a few times shambling round the block to put on 2 and a half pounds of actual muscles.

Ah well, I shall stick it out for a bit longer then give in in time to eat Jacob and Rose's Halloween treats.

2 comments:

  1. I had to stop weighing myself at all because it was too depressing...and contradictory to the fact that my clothing size has gone down. Don't worry about it too much and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your just getting ready for the Canadian Winter... You need a bit more insulation when it gets so cold! First ice on the car here this morning... Brrr

    ReplyDelete