Thursday 4 October 2012

Keeping up with the Jones's

There are a lot of scarecrows around here at the moment, they are all quite twee and look like the characters from "Tots TV" and you can buy them in pretty much every shop in town.   I wanted something different so today we made our own.  Actually it's a project that has been going on for  a while and the garage broom has been living upside down in the master en-suite for a good few weeks while I fixed up the face and tried to find a source of straw that didn't involve climbing into a farmers field under cover of darkness.  The children enjoyed screwing up newspaper and stuffing things up Jacob's old trouser legs and I think the result is quite neat.  It's a shame nobody ever comes to the front door.


On a totally different subject, Rose's teacher sent me a note today and this is what it said...

Today at choice time, Rose emerged from under a table, crawling to chase a big marble that got away from her.  I asked Rose "Where did you come from?". Rose's reply, "England.  I moved here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment