Sunday 7 October 2012

Cake Preview

It is Rose's 4th birthday tomorrow and some weeks ago she requested a Dora the Explorer birthday cake.  I had a good look around for some sort of transfer or cheating method of producing this but to no avail, even Michaels, the amazing crafts shop didn't have one.  So today I have laboured for hours to turn a 9" circular cake into a recognisable Dora.

I hope Rose finds it acceptable.  If she takes 1 look at it at dinner time and says "who's that?" or "I changed my mind I want a fairy princess" I shall probably cry.  As we will no doubt be busy tomorrow and there will be other more pressing photos to upload, birthday presents, new outfits etc I am posting a picture of the cake now before I have the chance to drop it on the floor or Rose cries because it is the wrong cake.   So here it is.  I am quite pleased with the result but rather scared that it may be met with disappointment, she has very exacting tastes and there is no pink or glitter!



2 comments:

  1. OMG that's amazing ! One thing I can't really do is cakes (apart from eat them of course!). Am sure Rose will love it! Hope she has a great day x

    ReplyDelete