Tuesday 30 October 2012

Hurricanes and Halloween Horrors

I have been so frantic with Halloween preparations for the children that I have hardly registered the hurricane dominating the headlines.  We got the tail end of it last night with winds gusting up to 100km/h, which was very loud through all the trees.  No damage to our property but I imagine that plenty of other people around here have been less lucky.  It's calmed down a lot now but gentle old Lake Huron is still looking quite wild.


And so to Halloween.  I was kind of organized for all the dressing up because Jacob is going to be a ghost, same as last year and the costume still fits, and Rose wanted to be a princess, very easy with her current wardrobe and choice of accessories.  However, Rose announced on Saturday afternoon that she is going to be a spider and I completely forgot to buy Jacob a scary wig.  So yesterday Rose and I panic bought craft materials and I sewed like a dervish all day and this is what we came up with.  I was quite pleased, not least because it's sewn onto a fleece lined jacket so she wouldn't be cold.  This afternoon she wore it for the Junior Kindergarten party then suddenly announced at tea time that she is never wearing it again and is going to be a princess.  What a waste of time and effort.



I have just fashioned a wig for Jacob from a pillow case and old bits of wool (photos tomorrow, he's in bed) but I'm afraid that the spiders constructed out of pompoms and googly eyes may be a bit cute for an 8 year old boy.  I hope he doesn't get embarrassed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow man that's one awsome halloween costume! Most impressed!!! And glad you're all safe and sound...

    ReplyDelete