Tuesday 23 February 2016

Knit Your Own Furniture

Over the past couple of weeks I've done a lot of knitting on a giant circular needle and this is what I've created.


You might be forgiven for thinking it is a giant wooly sea urchin but it is in fact a pouf/footrest/kid seat.  Here is Rose demonstrating it.


I used a pattern that came from The Daily Mirror's 'thrifting' section and am pretty happy with the outcome, although if I did it again I'd try making a change to the pattern. I think it needs an extra row of increases and decreases to try to eradicate the holes at the top and bottom.  Also, it requires so much yarn I'm not sure that 'thrifting' is entirely accurate.

Happy as I mostly am, I have rather failed overall as it was supposed to replace the old and less than sophisticated beanbag cover in the family room.  Which one? you may ask.


It seems you can't stuff a sea urchin with polystyrene beans, they just aren't supportive enough so back to the drawing board on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment