Tuesday 2 February 2016

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day 2016 marks 3 years since I discovered the word 'prognosticate' and I don't use it half enough.  Shubenacadie Sam in Nova Scotia didn't see his shadow but Wiarton Willie here in Ontario did so the jury's out on the start of spring this year.

It's not surprising there's mixed predictions, tonight we are forecast freezing rain followed by real rain and temperatures leaping up to 12 degrees tomorrow then back to -2 on Thursday.  It will be a while before any clout casting goes on in this house.

This afternoon I had a Sara's Beauty Corner breakfast bake-a-thon.  Rose found her YouTube channel last year when we were learning how to rainbow loom and I like to check in now and again to see what's new in Bergen.  This time I found a video of 10 make ahead, healthy breakfast and lunch ideas so as I really aught to banish toast from my breakfast I razzed up banana and oatmeal cookies and egg muffins.


The cookies actually only contain bananas and rolled oats, they have a slightly rubbery texture but taste pretty good.  I'll see what they're like with coffee tomorrow morning.

I made the egg muffins heart shaped because there were silicon moulds on sale for $1.60 in The Superstore and I thought maybe I could use them to lure Rose into eating egg, it worked! I'm going to try them in her lunch tomorrow.

Finally here's the curls from last nights braiding exploits.


No comments:

Post a Comment