Wednesday 17 February 2016

Block of the Month

I blame the radio silence of last week on signing up to Pinterest.  What a fabulous and dangerous tool it is.  I've spent hours looking for things to 'pin' and going through masses of content that has been carefully chosen just for me.  The house is mired in dust, the children are neglected and my clash of clans village has been abandoned and overrun by barbarians.

And what have I achieved? I now have millions of ideas for ingenious and cheap DIYs and house makeovers but all my ongoing projects have ground to a halt and I have actually done absolutely b***** all.  There just isn't time when you have to spend all day on your Pinterest app making sure that you don't miss any new ideas.

Yesterday I pulled myself together for a bit to get on with some block of the month.


It's going quite well and by last months calculations I'm halfway through May.  You may notice the cabin in the middle that I made when I didn't have my mind on it but it'll go in somewhere anyway, that's the beauty of improv.

For the next month I'll probably get a couple of solid colours to form cabins around the wheels and wonk things a bit further.

And just to prove that the kids have not been totally neglected here is Rose in her new wellies.


No comments:

Post a Comment