Tuesday 12 February 2013

Little Clothes

Today I cracked, I could not bear all the plastic flesh shown off by Barbie's micro-mini any longer so I made her some warm winter clothes out of Rose's cast offs.
How come she has a chaise and I don't?
You may recognize the leggings, I think they looked better on Rose but it has to be said that Barbie looks less like Rod Stewart.  I was fairly gutted that Rose didn't remember them, she wore them so much they got a hole in the crotch, still, it's probably for the best as there may well have been floods of tears about cutting up her lost, favourite trousers.

While I was sewing all the tiny seems and cursing mildly under my breath I remembered Mum making Sindy clothes for us when we were young, she used to do it in the evening so when we got up in the morning Sindy would be posed somewhere in an entirely new outfit.  There was a knee length full skirt worn with knee boots that I particularly liked.  It was quite magical the way they just appeared, like the elves and the shoemaker or the tooth fairy but probably tired-er.

1 comment:

  1. That's impressive! How did you manage to sew something so tiny?

    ReplyDelete