Monday 11 February 2013

Big Clothes and Little Shoes

Since we moved to Canada I have not bought many new clothes.  I am not a shopaholic at the best of times but the combination of living quite remotely (by my standards if not Canadian ones) and not having got a handle on where to buy things has brought shopping for clothes pretty much to a complete stand still.  The problem is that there is no Next here (or M&S) where all my wardrobe staples came from or La Redoute/Boden where I could get loads of stuff in the post, try it on and send it all back.  As a result I am reduced to wearing the same 3 long sleeved tops in rotation with the same, rather boring but warm blue fleece on top.

On Sunday I decided that was enough and as the weather was warm and the roads were clear we headed down to Sarnia after curling.  Unfortunately/predictably, I came back with nothing, I really have to sort this shopping thing out.

The children did much better, Jacob spent his poster winnings (and a sub from us) on a new logic puzzle DS game.  Here he is in his slightly sock smelling room with his animals solving mysteries in the dark.


Rose got her first Barbie.  Urgh, I was hoping that I could avoid the whole Barbie thing, she's so girlie and pink and generally impossible (I mean Barbie but realise that describes Rose too) and I have to work really hard to participate in playing dolls.  However, I suppose we have to have someone the right size to live in the Doll house with all the robots and small labradors.  Besides, 'everybody else has one' and Rose is not someone who likes to be different.  So here they are, obviously a celebratory outfit was necessary.


And look at these aspirational shoes, it's no wonder the world is going to the dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment