Tuesday 26 February 2013

A Week in One Sitting

Fancy that, I took a week off so now I shall give a brief summary of anything of interest that has happened.  Not much really and somehow it seems even more uneventful from a distance, anyway here we go.

Jacob and Rose got their report cards from school.  Rose got UD (usually demonstrates) and CD (consistently demonstrates) in all her 'subjects' examples of which are 'follows one- and two-step directions in different contexts' (shame she doesn't for me) and 'uses specialized vocabulary for a variety of purposes', I wonder if this included shooter-lasers, toilet monsters and 'the force' as it does at home.  Jacob got As and A+s in everything except PhysEd for which he got a B- and I think that was for joining in!  So well done children.

I finished 16 blocks of a quilt top and thought I'd broken the ancient sewing machine, I think it maybe overheated a bit as it seems fine now.  Here's the unfinished top without sashing, it looks a bit like a very rustic Mondrian but its supposed to represent Southern Ontario, specifically around Petrolia and Forest, as seen on the satellite view from google maps.


On Friday Gary came back from his trip to Seattle and on Sunday it was Tom's birthday so Gary minded two super excited, Grandpa deprived children while we went out for lunch.  We had an excellent lunch in a local pub where they were selling Boddingtons, Old Speckled Hen and Hobgolin beers by the bottle and used the word 'butty' to refer to a sandwich on the menu, if they'd had mushy peas I might have risked it with those great British credentials.

No interesting photos except this one of Rose wearing my clothes.


Jacob is getting his hair cut tomorrow for the first time since October so tune in for a before and after.

1 comment: