Sunday 31 July 2016

Pink Hair and Flowers

What's going on with techno Thursday? This week Jacob was at a pool party again.  Probably for the best as he had been at camp everyday learning to animate things.

While he was away Rose and I did some girls things, we bought fabric for a summer dress (coming soon), painted toe nails with flower patterns (thank you for the invaluable advice Sara's beauty corner) and Rose had her hair done.


The pink streaks aren't permenant.

The relentless heat has let up a bit and we've actually had a couple of nights of rain.  The grass is still yellow but the sunflowers are now officially taller than Rose.


My cone flowers are coming out, you can just see one behind Rose's head, and the Black Eyed Susans are starting too.

Yesterday we went for a walk by the Grand River (it's name not a description).  I wished I had a canoe as it would have been a lovely day for a paddle and I might not have been able to hear the kids moaning back on the river bank.  We were right in the middle of a city with a population of 500,000 and look how busy it was.


We walked through a couple of lovely flower glades to get there.  I don't know if  you can tell but there were hundreds of Black Eyed Susans here, bit more impressive than my 4 that are currently out.


No comments:

Post a Comment