Tuesday 14 June 2016

Sod It

Despite the fact that Ontario is a part of Canada where English is the main spoken language there are some differences in terminology that it takes a while to get used to.  I'm sure I've mentioned this many times before, boot/trunk, plait/braid, swede/rutabaga, bum-bag/fanny-pack (I really don't know which of those is most offensive) etc, etc.  In Canada one doesn't lay new turf, one puts down new sod, hence we get lots of flyers like this round every spring.


Being pretty unsophisticated and juvenile in the sense of humour department they always make me laugh.  Fancy, if you have a 6 foot new sod installed they remove the old sod for free.  What a bargain, I'm sure there are many ladies in Britain who would jump at the chance.

Enough of that, quite some time ago Tom and Gary removed an old stump from the middle of a flower bed for me.  So I dug out all the swamp monsters/Hostas and concrete edging, dug it over and levelled it and waited for some cool wet weather. This has not been very forthcoming so I've taken the plunge and resigned myself to using the sprinkler a lot for the next week or so and at the weekend Gary and I laid new turf, or sodded it depending on where you are.

As per usual I have failed to get a before so here is a singularly rubbish after photo of the new grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment