Friday 10 June 2016

A Gardening First

About a month or so ago Rose and I planted up some troughs with marigolds, tomatoes and runner beans.

Here they are just after completion.


Today I am very excited because not only have the tomatoes grown quite tall but they also have teeny, tiny fruits on them.


Rose is grudgingly demonstrating, you can't really tell but her crazy hair is in tact, despite gymnastics at school.

I know that this doesn't really count as a great horticultural success yet but I've tried tomatoes before with zero results so now I'm going to be really gutted if something eats them before I get to them.

A further note.  I wrote all that yesterday but thought 3 posts in one day was a little much.  This morning Rose went to visit the tomato plants and even though she only touched it 'really lightly' somehow the tomato she's holding in the photo just fell right off.  I hope some of them survive the over enthusiasm to reach maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment