Tuesday 28 June 2016

Grade 6 Graduation

I've just come back from Jacob's grade 6 graduation ceremony.  It's rather confusing, in the UK he would have just finished his first year of high school, in Burlington he would be continuing at elementary school for 2 more years but here he will spend the next 2 years at middle school.

Anyway, the kids are expected to make a bit of an effort for graduation.  Here is what Jacob thought of me making him wear an ironed polo shirt instead of one of his usual grotty numbers.


I don't know how he'd cope at a school with a uniform having to wear a shirt and tie everyday.  Imagine, Jacob in a blazer.

The ceremony was very uplifting, they all walked in to Land of Hope and Glory so I was a bit confused about that too, good job I didn't have any Union Jacks on me so didn't make a fool of myself.

Here is Jacob afterwards with his teacher.


He's bucked up a bit.  Cake probably helped and maybe the prospect of a dance which is what he was supposed to be doing for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment