Monday 21 September 2015

Soup

Seasons of mist and mellow soup-fullness... Fall is definitely here now, I spotted it at Sobeys.


I should have got closer but was a bit embarrassed to be photographing the grocery store.

Nothing says fall to me better than a bowl of hot homemade soup. I love making soup as it is very easy to impress people with something a gazillion times more fabulous than the shop bought versions, even the posh soups that come in fancy jars can't stand up to the most basic homemade one.  Also you can make it in advance then appear very domestic godess-like when you just heat it up and ladle it out.

I've been making the same 3 soups over and over again recently so to ring in some changes I tried a new one yesterday.  May I present Tomato and Peanut soup with Sweet Potato and Chickpeas from the Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers Cookbook.


It may not be very photogenic (my version isn't anyway) but was delicious, Gary had 3 bowls at lunch yesterday.  The cookbook is produced by a charity who provide soup to women and youth in crisis so I will only pass on the recipe if you make a donation somewhere.  It will be worth your while if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment