Sunday 27 September 2015

Grand Unveiling

After many hours of painting I am proud to announce the grand opening of the 'Rose and Mummy Teacups and Fancy Things' store in the ex cold room in our basement.


We had hours of fun this afternoon unwrapping and arranging all the pretty things that won't fit in the kitchen.  Rose is trying to indicate that her favourite things are Grandma's wedding shower teacups and my cake stand.  Not sure what mine are, it's a long time since the Port Merion coffee set saw the light of day.

I also seem to have acquired a good collection of preserving jars over the past couple of years, perhaps I'd better preserve something in them.


A future post perhaps? calling all good chutney/jam/pickle recipes please.  I wonder how long it will take me to fill up all those jars with preserved things?

Tom implies that it is not normal to paint your cold room a delicate shade of green and turn it into a private curio emporium but I maintain that it is better to have all the lovely stuff on show instead of packed in boxes gathering dust.  This way I might even use it, Rose is angling for a tea party so maybe that will be another post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment