Friday 18 September 2015

Renovations

What sort of idiot renovates the cold room in the basement before any other room in the house?  Me, let me explain.

I've spent the last few days trying to unpack some of the masses of stuff in the basement.  This has been hampered somewhat by the large number of boxes marked "superfluous kitchen stuff".  Some of these were packed in January and are full of really useful items eg various sizes of cake tins (used maybe once a year and some of them never if I'm honest), candle sticks, vases, a large selection of jugs, 17 2inch ramekins(???), about a hundred preserving jars and lots of other stuff that I don't really use but can't bare to get rid of.

I don't want to clutter up my not massive kitchen with all this rubbish and I also don't want to have a load of unpacked boxes in the basement for the next 15 years so my answer is to renovate the cold room which is fitted out with lots of handy shelving.

Here it is in its current slightly mildewed state.


Ugh!

While out buying paint I found this rather handy paint and brush holding contraption.  I am hoping it will make cleaning up easier with the pull out, recyclable inner and it will be a result if I can open the paint tin in the future because I haven't gummed it up repeatedly wiping my paintbrush on the side.


Jacob enjoyed modelling it but I can absolutely guarantee that he would only take part in any painting if he could define the edges of the area, click the little 'fill' icon then go and do something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment