Thursday 12 September 2013

Sewing and Celebrity Chefs

I've just been into Sobeys (local 'nice' grocery store) to pick up some forgotten bits and bobs and was confronted with multiple large posters of Jamie Oliver.  Very odd, not least because he is dressed in several varieties of plaid shirt, presumably to make him look like a lumberjack so Canadians will naturally warm to him.  Unfortunately the effect looks more slightly dodgy builder to me, I suppose it could have been worse, at least he's not in a Mounties uniform.  On the plus side they had free cake to celebrate their new partnership which is always a bonus especially when you haven't had lunch.

Anyway, enough of that, today I went for a sewing lesson in the shop where I bought my machine and learned something important, free motion quilting is very, very difficult and will require lots and lots of practice.  Here is my first effort.
my quilting looks much better from a distance, as do the children and Jaimie Oliver.
I've decided to start writing a sewing post each week and when I get confident and actually make something worth showing off I might start linking up to some 'Work in Progress Wednesdays' quilt blogs.  For the time being you can be my guinea pigs, any comments welcome.  So this week I have mostly been experimenting with sort of random broken arrows in Autumn/Fall colours but this is as far as I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment