Saturday 14 September 2013

Happy Birthday Me!

Yesterday was my birthday (Thank you for the gifts and wishes) so Tom took me out to realize a burning ambition I've had for a while now.  I test drove a truck.  Now by truck I don't mean one of those rigs with big chrome chimneys that ice road truckers drive, although Gary says they are all automatic now so maybe that's next, does anybody remember Long Distance Clara on Pigeon Street? A new career perhaps.

Anyway I'm waffling, the sort of truck I meant is the jacked up, ginormous pickups that everybody drives here so off we went to the Chevy dealership to waste their time pretending to be interested in buying one.  Here's what I drove.


They put us in just about the most souped up model on the lot, there was chrome all over the place and everything was automatic, windows, doors, mirrors, seats, transmission, the works.  The only thing it didn't have was a heated steering wheel but the radio came ready tuned to country music which just about made up for it.  It was a lot of good fun to drive, I enjoyed being so high up and making good engine noises getting going, there was far more room in the back for the kids than in the Cruze and I tried to argue that it would be good for grocery shopping and transporting my sewing machine in, but as it cost about $60,000 and probably used $200 worth of petrol/gas driving round the block Tom says I can't have it.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment