Thursday 27 June 2013

Last Day of School

Today was the kids last day of school until September 3rd, arghhh, what is it with these ridiculously long summer holidays.  At the leavers assembly they both got awards, Jacob got top Mathletics points for grade 3 and for the whole school and Kindergarten (inc Rose) got a Lambton County School Board award for raising money collecting spare change.  Here they are with their certificates.
If I'd known it was important I'd have turned up and got photos of them at school 
I spent the afternoon making the most of my final children free moments at the local quilters' guild show.  I love the way I always feel so young at these events.  Everyone was very friendly and I took many pictures of the different works but as I think it would be a bit dull to put them all in I shall restrict myself to a couple.



There's 4 for you.  Mostly they were pretty traditional but there were some great colour schemes and the green one made of hexagons was phenomenal. Lisa, you can tell your mum that I will be joining the Lambton County Quilters' Guild on the last Wednesday of September.

1 comment:

  1. Oh she will be so proud of you! I did quilts this week too at the Kaffe Fassett exhibition which I think you would have loved! Was small but so inspiring though mum doesn't like his quilts.... AND loving the continued journeys into fashion provided by Rose, she has a fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete