Monday 24 June 2013

Here comes the Sun

Summer has arrived in Grand Bend and it is making up for lost time  Yesterday afternoon we had our first proper beach trip of the season, I left my camera in the kitchen so you'll just have to take my word for it.  The sun was hot and the water was just above freezing which was an interesting combo but we all managed to have fun.

Today temperatures have gone up another notch and at 5pm our 3 unreliable thermometers were reading 29C, 30C and 35C, I estimate that with humid X it was aroud 250C.  This is what the hot weather has done to Jacob.
perhaps he could consider removing his sweater?
To cool them off I sent the kids into the yard with a bucket of water, a 'liquidator' and instructions to take turns nicely and not squirt water directly onto each other.  They took turns all right but this is how things looked when I checked on them.  In Rose's defence he was shrieking "Shoot me in the B**t!" and she'd obviously taken a few hits herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment